Any foreign correspondent, photojournalist, cameraperson or producer based in East Africa and/or covering the region or the continent, as well as journalists of regional nationality working for international media, are all eligible to join. There are different tiers of membership fees for staff and freelance correspondents.
Communication officers, press attachés and other communications professionals are invited to become associate members, but cannot vote or carry a membership card.
- You need to be a foreign correspondent or work as a journalist for international media and you should normally be based East Africa or regularly covering the region.
- To join, please present a letter from your employers confirming your position. Membership will not be processed without this
- Freelancers are asked to present two of their articles, proof of published photographs, internet links to two radio or tv pieces, or a recommendation letter from an editor or producer
- Information officers, press attachés and other communications professionals can become associate members, excluding the right to vote or to carry a membership card. Again, please bring a letter from your employer confirming your position
- All joining members will need to submit a passport-size photograph
Fees and how to join
The yearly membership fee for full staff members is KSh4,500. Freelancers pay KSh3,000 and associate members pay KSh3,500. Membership is valid to December 31 each year.
Please sign up or renew using our online REGISTRATION FORM. If you are having trouble with the form, please try using Google Chrome – we are working on fixing this bug :-\
You can make payments via Mpesa. Select the PayBill option:
Business number: 437920
Account number: YOUR FULL NAME (i.e. Jane Journalist)
You should receive a confirmation message from “FCAEA PAY BILL NO -VIA CBA”
Please forward the confirmation code to the FCA Administrator (email@example.com) with the subject heading “NAME – Payment Code” (i.e. Jane Journalist – Payment Code)
For any further information, or if you have questions, please contact the FCAEA Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org or the FCAEA Board on email@example.com.